Choosing a Wedding Officiant.

There are several  kinds of wedding officiants.

A- Solemniser - which can be a registrar that works for the HSE,
A -humanist- must belong to the humanist organisation , 
A -spiritualist who again needs to belong to the Spiritualist organisation or an 
An  Independent Celebrant | who is totally independent. 
For all couples no matter where they are getting married in Ireland | must make an appointment with the registrar at their local HSE registrations office and | declare their intent to marry. There is a charge of €200 for this. 
The paperwork for their legal signing will then be ordered. For the next phase, there are a few of options. If they are being married by a solemniser then they will sign the legal register on the day of the wedding. This can only be done at registered wedding venues|. 
If a couple choose to use an independent celebrant like myself they can return to their registrar for a second appointment 3-6 months after the initial one and sign the register there with two witnesses present. 
This takes appropriately 5 minutes and carries no extra charge. Your independent celebrant | can perform your wedding ceremony | anywhere and anytime any date you like either before or after the second appointment with the registrar.
I include a signing and witnessing of a wedding cert in the ceremony. So there are lots of choices so you choose the option that suits you.

No comments:

Post a comment